Top 40 Forums & Message Boards for Nurse Practitioners
One of the most rewarding jobs available is that of nurse practitioner. Nurse practitioners have the opportunity to interact with patients, and to help them lead healthier lives. Nurse practitioners also have the ability to function as primary care providers, and in some states can even have their own practices. This kind of autonomy offers advantages that, for some nurse practitioners, offer opportunities not available to other nurses.
At the same time, though, the job can be demanding. Sometimes a nurse practitioner needs to be able to discuss frustrations and get advice from others who understand them. Luckily, the Internet provides a way to interact with others from around the world. Nurse practitioners can join communities and learn from other NPs from different areas, thanks to message boards and forums. If you are a nurse practitioner looking for some support or help, here are 40 forums and message boards that you might enjoy:
- Nurse Practitioners (NP): This forum is hosted by allnurses.com, and offers NPs a place to congregate online.
- I Am a Nurse Practitioner: A great place to share your stories.
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner Forum: The Royal College of Nursing in the U.K. offers a community for NPs.
- Advance for NPs & PAs Discussion Board: A discussion board meant mainly for nurse practitioners and PAs.
- Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner: Looks at issues related to cancer NPs.
- Texas Nurse Practitioners: A community for NPs in Texas. A number of ways to get involved.
- Forum of Nurses in Advance Practice: A place you can go to share information about advanced nursing. Aimed specifically at professionals in New Jersey.
- NP Central: A place to go to learn more about being a nurse practitioner, and to find a wide variety of information on NP topics.
Career and Job Boards
If you are interested learning more about career advancement, you can join the discussion on these forums and message boards designed to help job seekers. Some of them are aimed at nurse practitioners, while others are more general.
- Nurse Practitioner Jobs Forum: This forum on Indeed.com offers helpful insights and job postings for NPs.
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Forums: This is a great starting point for those who want to connect with others and find career opportunities.
- Advanced Practice Jobs: Find jobs for nurse practitioners. A great place to go if you are looking career opportunities.
- iHireMidLevelPractitioners: If you are looking for career opportunities, this is a good place to start. Offers a number NP jobs and others.
- NPJobs.com: Jobs aimed at nurse practitioners. A good place to start.
- Nurse Practitioner Jobs: Simply Hired offers a job board for nurse practitioner jobs. You can find thousands of jobs related to advanced nursing.
- Nurse Practitioner Jobs on CareerBuilder.com: Find jobs for nurse practitioners. Begin your career search here, and enjoy learning about your possible opportunities.
- Nurse Practitioner Jobs: NP World offers job boards that can help you find career opportunities.
- Hospital Dream Jobs: You can find a job in health care when you go to this site to learn more about your job opportunities as a nurse practitioner.
- Nurse Practitioner Jobs: This is another job board that can provide you with the opportunity to find a job or apply for different NP opportunities.
- Nursing Job Source: Post information about jobs, and learn more about the nursing opportunities available. A good place to get started with your NP job search.
- NurseJungle.com: Learn about different nursing job listings, as well as share your own insight and information.
- Nurse-Recruiter.com: This is a job board aimed at those in different nursing professions. It is especially aimed at travel nurses.
- Nurses Forum: This site is especially focused on nursing jobs. Travel nursing is one of the main subjects of this job forum. A great place to go if you are looking for different nursing opportunities.
General Nursing and Other Medical
You can learn a lot from participating in discussions with others in the medical field. These forums and messages boards provide you with the opportunity to interact with other nurses and medical personnel from around the world.
- Specialty Nursing Discussion: A great forum aimed at providing information about different issues related to areas of specialty nursing.
- Clinicians [RN/NP/PA]: This forum on studentdoctor.net offers a great place for RNs and PAs to converse, as well as nurse practitioners.
- Nursing Crib: This forum designed to help nursing students, as well as others involved in nursing.
- Nurse and Professional Nursing Forum: This forum on studentdoc.com offers insights from nurses.
- Nursing Forums: Use this Nurse Connect forum to air a number of grievances or to share your knowledge.
- Nurse.com Forums: A variety of different forums for nurses and others.
- Healthcare Professionals: This message board on HealthBoards offers you a chance to interact with other health professionals.
- Nurse Forum: A helpful look at nursing from professionals.
- Message Boards & Blogs: NurseZone.com offers a number of message boards and blogs for health care professionals.
- Nursing Link: This is a community on Monster.com. You can talk about a bunch of different topics, and learn more about what is going on in the world of nursing.
- General Discussion: The National Lipid Association offers a discussion on health issues, including those related to nurse practitioners and other professionals.
- MomMD Forums: You can interact with other health care professionals, and learn about different issues. Share you knowledge and expertise.
- Nursing Voices Forum: Learn and grow, and share your frustrations, with this community of nurses. A diverse community.
- Healthcare Professionals: This forum is for health care professionals looking to connect with others, and hoping to share insights with others.
- WeTheNurses.com: This nursing forum covers a variety of topics from basic to advanced nursing. Plenty to keep you occupied.
- Nursing Forum: This is a forum and message board on the news site Topix. If you are interested in connecting with other nurses and nurse practitioners, this is a good place to go.
- Nursing Forum: This forum from Able 2 Know provides information on nursing, and even addresses some issues related to careers.
- Foreign Nurses Forum: A great place to go to connect with nurses in other countries.